Thursday, September 12, 2013
Harry Potter Fans Prepare to be Amazed
Warner Bros. have announced that they will release a "Harry Potter" spin-off with the author of the "Harry Potter" books, J.K Rowling. J.K Rowling, "felt uncomfortable with the idea of another writer signing on to the project when she was so familiar with the 'fictional universe.' 'I feel very protective of it, and I already knew a lot about Newt.'" Newt Scamander is said to be the protagonist of the film since he wrote a textbook named, "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" that will be set in New York 70 years before Harry Potter. Most people are already looking forward to it but Warner Bros. haven't decided yet when to announce its release date. I found this interesting, since I am a Harry Potter fan, both of the books and films. I feel like this spin-off will have a 50/50 chance, it may either come out really good like the series or it may come out pretty bad causing all the hardcore Harry Potter fans to be upset. The Harry Potter films were good compared to other films that I've seen that were based on a novel, like The Percy Jackson series, but who knows the spin-off may become a hit. As a future filmmaker it lets me know that depending how successful and good a novel may be, it can become a film but that one must always consider how the fans/ consumers will react to the film. I wonder how long they have to be in production to produce a movie like this, with so much information and effects and how do they do it to make it into a 2-hour film?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What I believe most critics fail to realize is that J.K. Rowling (the queen) will be the writer for this script and therefore, more authority over the plot. No more, will potterheads wriggle in pain over important plot details being shaded over by special effects and big explosions.
ReplyDelete